Answered by Shaykh Faraz Rabbani
This is not something we are accountable to believe in or act upon. If it was, the fuqaha and scholars of aqida would have explained it clearly. As such, it is a non-issue.
As one of my teachers explained, it is enough for us to worry about those issues that Allah has made us accountable for:
0. Learn the essentials of Islamic belief (aqida), and seek to live it through remembrance of Allah;
1. Learn everything personally obligatory;
2. Perform out obligatory and sunna worship;
3. Learn the halal and haram related to everything we are involved in and life by it;
4. Fulfill the rights of others: spouse, children, parents, relatives, neighbors, friends, and anyone we have dealings with;
5. Read the Qur'an with reflection and act on its teachings;
6. Learn about the life and sunna of our beloved Prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace) and work on implementing it in our lives;
7. Do dhikr;
8. See a spiritual path to Allah...
If we do these things, which are what Allah wants from us, and which are generally not disagreed upon, we will become of those whom Allah loves...
That is all that matters. And Allah alone gives success.
MMVIII © Faraz Rabbani and Qibla.
All rights reserved
No part of this article may be reproduced, displayed, modified, or distributed without the express prior written permission of both copyright holders. For permission, please submit a request at our Helpdesk.
The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, "Knowledge is only through study." While some knowledge can be gained from reading or casually listening to lectures, the best means to gain knowledge is through finding a qualified teacher and then setting up a systematic program of learning. Picking up a book or reading an article and trying to figure things out on our own is no substitute for learning from someone who has a direct link to our living tradition.
Through joining an online class at Qibla, you can benefit from convenient, online courses that will give you access to reliable scholars and our popular curriculum learning tracks. Knowledge gained in these courses will both build your iman and assist you in putting into practice what you learn. Don't give yourself less than you deserve, register today.